Thursday, August 5, 2010

I can do this

I can do this. I can take care of a 2 year old and an infant. I've got this. No, not always....but when I step back and take a breath, I realize, yes, I can do this. I've put on worship music the last few days while hanging out at home and it has been nice to feel my focus center, and my burden's rest on my Lord.



Things are looking up. After a weekend of tantrums, whining, mean words to mommy, I think the time out's have finally worked. I was giving him a pass for a little while, to an extent, because of all the adjusting and how it must be emotional for him to have to share mommy. It is hard on him I think. The pass has ended though, as the whining got WAY out of control. So he gets one warning, and then if he keeps it up it's timeout, if that doesn't work, it's timeout in his crib. I've also used taking away of his favorite toy of the moment. It seems to be working. This week has gone rather smoothly. I still worry about his little heart, hope he knows that he is still SO loved by me. I hope he knows that Audrey in no way takes his place, or makes my love for him smaller, just my time. hmm. Time spent speaks love to him too, so I try to make an effort to be present with him, even if I'm busy feeding her/rocking her/changing her. It is a balancing act. She needs to know my love too. Yet, mother's have been dealing with this forever, and most of us who have siblings don't feel less loved. I just know I didn't always feel loved, I NEVER want Owen to feel unloved. I want him to always know he holds such a special place in our hearts, no matter what.



There are lessons I'm trying to teach him now. We read books that say things like, "Even when you're bad, love is there too." (except I say "even when you don't listen"). I want to say this to him over and over, so that he knows no matter what he will do or walk through in this life, he will always be loved by Dan and I. He will always be loved by God.

***This post was written in August, but i'm posting it now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment